Our Association has been in consultation with James Hermans, the Managing Director of Q Magnets to offer an exciting opportunity for our members. “TNAA Collaboration with Q Magnets in a pain management trial”.
Although there has been research covering the effectiveness of magnets to help reduce pain, it is extremely difficult to set up clinical trials and set a generalised standard for people who live with chronic pain. Every person who lives with chronic pain is unique in the pain they experience.
We believe that utilisation of Q Magnets should be applied in an individual treatment program, but to provide parameters we need anecdotal feedback and data that can be analysed.
In order to provide a protocol that could be applied, the Association has purchased 5 sets of Q Magnets, utilising donations this year, and will be loaning the sets of magnets to our members who are willing to undergo a 6-week trial, complete data collection surveys each day the magnets are used, and, provide feedback on their experience. If an improvement to pain levels is experienced by the member trialling the product, Q Magnets have offered a 20% discount if they would like to purchase their own set.
The Association is hoping our members embrace this opportunity. Members who agree to satisfy the conditions of the trial, (see below for conditions) can register their initial interest by completing our Q Magnet Trial Participant Request Form
Please complete participation interest form below.
In order for our Association to offer the loan of Q Magnet sets, it will be a requirement for the participants to agree to the following:-
- Each trial participant is a current financial member.
- The Product Loan will be facilitated at a face to face support group meeting.
- A refundable deposit of $50 is paid via the Associations website or cash.
- Participate in a 6-week trial.
- Completion of Loan Agreement.
- Completion of data recording each day the Product is used via the Associations website.
Note – data collection must be completed online to ensure protocols are adhered to.
Please complete the Daily Data Collection Form every day the Q Magnets are used – this should take no longer than 5 minutes.
Details of the Q Magnets to be included in the trial.
Q Bonus Package – General Use
Total retail cost of the product is $387
Members who trial them, will have all three types of magnets to choose from which will also help in gathering feedback to further support the research.
The update to the protocol from the information booklet is below.
- Use the HF20-3 over the trigeminal ganglion, just in front of the tragus
- For the central component of the nervous system, apply a magnet over the TCC (trigeminocervical complex), which covers C1, C2 and C3. So instead of placing the QF28-3 magnet over the occiput, place it just under the occiput. So that it basically finishes at the top of the hairline. Which still makes it tricky to apply, but a bit easier than over the occiput.
Loan Agreement and Terms for Q Magnets used for Pain Management Trial
Parties: This Loan Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between Trigeminal Neuralgia Association Australia, a registered Charity “Charity” with its principal office at 8 Wadsley Crescent, Connells Point, NSW 2221, , and the member, referred to as “Borrower,” with the contact information recorded on the Agreement
Product Description: The Charity agrees to loan the Borrower Q Magnets for a Pain Management Trial (” Product “) for a fixed term of two months from the date of this Agreement.
Terms and Conditions:
- Loan Term: The Borrower agrees to borrow the Product for a period of two months, commencing from the date of this Agreement and lodge a deposit of $50 via the Charity’s designated website platform at Home – Trigeminal Neuralgia Association Australia (tnaaustralia.org.au) or by cash.
- Return of Product: The Borrower shall return the Product to the Charity’s Support Group Meeting no later than the end of the two-month loan term. The Borrower is responsible for any shipping or transportation costs associated with returning the Product.
- Usage and Reporting:
- The Borrower agrees to use the Product as directed and for its intended purpose.
- The Borrower further agrees to diligently track and record their pain management progress and results while using the Product.
- These progress reports shall be submitted via the Charity’s designated website platform at Home – Trigeminal Neuralgia Association Australia (tnaaustralia.org.au) or by utilising the manual data collection forms, throughout the loan term.
- Cost of Non-Return:
- In the event that the Borrower fails to return the Product within the specified two-month loan term, the Borrower shall be held liable for the full cost of the Product, which is valued at $400.
- The Borrower hereby authorizes the Charity to charge the Borrower’s provided payment method for the full cost of the Product in case of non-return.
- On return of the Product the deposit value of $50 will be refunded to the Borrower.
Indemnification and Liability:
The Borrower agrees to use the Product responsibly and acknowledges that any misuse or damage caused to the Product during the loan term shall be the responsibility of the Borrower. The Borrower agrees to indemnify and hold the Charity harmless against any loss, damage, or liability arising from the Borrower’s use or possession of the Product.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, and representations.
By completing the Agreement Form below, the parties acknowledge their acceptance and agreement to the terms and conditions set forth in this Loan Agreement.
Please complete the Loan Agreement form – a copy will be emailed to the participant.
Manual Loan Agreement below can be downloaded as an alternative to the online process